Title: Partnering with the Virginia Employment Commission Workforce Connection
Main presenters: Starr Lambert, Bill Walker
Panelists: Jim Charapich, Valerie Scott, Marilyn Carter, Sandi Taylor
Facilitator: Dr. Joseph Peck
Date: Wednesday, Oct 2, 2013
Duration: 90 minutes
To download the audio recording:
- Windows users: right-click the link above and and select “Save link as”
- Mac users: control-click on the link above and select “Save As”
This webinar was made possible through the generous support of the Piedmont Workforce Network in partnership with:
- Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS)
- Germanna Community College Center for Workforce and community Education
- Culpeper Chamber of Commerce
To learn more, please contact Kim Rodenberg (540-322-5767) at Germanna Community College or visit www.vawc.virginia.gov.
The labor pool is shrinking and the demand for skilled workers is increasing. The need for employers to have the resources available to solve this is critical. The VEC (Virginia Employment Commission) is a rich and free resource that helps employers with these issues.
Our objective is to help open the way for employers to save time and resources in the hiring process through the VEC and Piedmont Workforce Network resources.
This webinar is intended for professionals, senior professionals, and supportive staff working in human resources for recruitment, labor market information and labor compliance information. It has been approved for 1.5 hours of HR continuing education credit.
What we will cover
- VEC services to Employers
- Overview of the VWC
- Registering for Recruitment Services
- Posting Job Openings
- Virtual Recruiter
- Labor Market Information
- Jim Charapich, President, Culpeper Chamber of Commerce
- Starr Lambert, VEC, Regional Trainer, Northern
- Bill Walker, VEC, Re-Employment Services Program Coordinator
- Marilyn Carter, VEC, Employer Services Manager
- Valerie Scott, VEC – CV, Workforce Service Representative
- Sandi Taylor, HR Manager. SMG/John Paul Jones Arena. Charlottesville
THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN AWARDED HRCI RECERTIFICATION CREDIT.
To receive HRCI credit, you must:
- Currently be PHR or SPHR certified,
- Watch the entire webinar, and
- Complete a short survey (MS Word, PDF)
More more information, please contact Kim Rodenberg (540-322-5767) at Germanna Community College.