Title: Veteran Employment Initiatives and the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Program
Main presenters: Andrew Schwartz and Mike Barnes
Panelists: Lex Lamotte, Samone Jones, Karline Cunningham
Facilitator: Dr. Joseph Peck
Date: Friday, May 22, 2015, 2-3:30 pm Eastern time
Duration: 97 minutes
To download the audio recording:
- Windows users: right-click the link above and and select “Save link as”
- Mac users: control-click on the link above and select “Save As”
This webinar was made possible through the generous support of the Piedmont Workforce Network in partnership with:
- Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Program
- Virginia Department of Veteran Services
- Germanna Community College Center for Workforce and community Education
The Commonwealth of Virginia recognized early its unique position to serve proudly as the most Veterans friendly state in the nation.
Home to dozens of military installations and facilities from all branches of service, hundreds of thousands of active duty service members serve within the Commonwealth’s border and many have chosen to call Virginia home after completion of their faithful service to our Country.
Virginia has the fastest growing Veteran labor force in the USA over the past 5 years and will continue this trend for the next 5 years.
With such a highly skilled and adaptable workforce living within its borders, Virginia saw an opportunity to promote Veteran talent to the civilian workforce, helping businesses to become more successful by focusing on hiring the right people for the job.
This webinar is intended for professionals, senior professionals, and supportive staff working in human resources for recruitment, labor market information and labor compliance information. It has been approved for 1.5 hours of HR continuing education credit.
What we will cover:
- Virginia’s Veteran Employment Situation
- The Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Story and Current Success
- FY 2016 V3 Path Forward (Employment Grant and Increased PR)
- V3 Curriculum (teaser)
- Benefits to V3 Employers
- Reasons to Hire Veterans – What can a veteran provide for your organization?
- Significant Employer Tax Incentives
- Alternative Hiring Considerations (Options)
- Military Classifications and Experience
- College Degree vs. Military Service
- Andrew Schwartz, Program Manager for Virginia Values Veterans (V3)
- Starr Lambert, VEC, Regional Trainer, Northern
- Lex Lamotte, Business Owner
- Samone Jones, IT specialist and entrepreneur
- Karline Cunningham, VP of Global Training for Empower 2000
THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN AWARDED HRCI RECERTIFICATION CREDIT.
To receive 1.5 hours of HRCI credit, you must:
- Currently be PHR or SPHR certified,
- Watch the entire webinar, and
- Complete a short survey (MS Word, PDF)
More more information, please contact Kim Rodenberg (540-322-5767) at Germanna Community College.